Digital printing – This is the type of printing in which data is transferred to the printer’s target device using computer data. In this way, we avoid the stage of preparing printing forms. This type of printing is useful in low-volume jobs where the cost of preparing offset printing is too high. In polygraphy there are many printing orders in which the majority part of the costs are CTP plates, preparation of the printing machine, as well as its “rozjazdu”
The most common use of digital printing is low-volume advertising materials. Typical works on the proverbial “cyfre” are reports, business cards, small volumes of leaflets, etc.. The disadvantage of digital printing is unfortunately not very high quality (in some cases), in particular the color applets come out very poorly, which should be noted when preparing the project.
The main advantages of digital printing:
- express realization
- implementation of low-volume printing
- option to personalize
- low price
Disadvantages of digital printing:
- Poor quality compared to offset printing and high costs with a large number of copies.
Features of digital printing:
- The printing material is computer data.
- Print directly from your computer or from a data carrier.
- The ability to make changes to each subsequent print (personalization).
- No printing form.
- The image is created directly in the printing press from which the printing begins.
Digital printing methods:
Advantages of digital printing:
- Execution of “offhand” orders. A very short preparatory phase, which can take place during the printing of another job.
- The quality of digital printing is much higher than that of a typical computer printer, but lower than that of offset machines..
- The print speed fluctuates from a few to several dozen A4 pages/min (For typical digital machines working in electrophoto technology).
- Print in a wide range of weights as well as on a variety of papers. The lack of printing forms, the preparation of the printing machine makes the digit ideal for low-volume work.
- Savings in the absence of trial prints.
- The price of one copy of the print is the same as the price of one copy in a large print
- It is possible to make changes on an ongoing basis, assign an individual serial number or use mailing lists (personalization).